Friday, June 03, 2005

A birthday!

Actually, NOT a birthday. I do not know when they were born! I do know they came to live with me (at about 6 weeks old) one year ago today.

And what a joy and a pain they've been!

But I digress. The point is, they are not kittens any longer. Lucy & Ethel are now officially full grown adult cats.

The hardest part is over!!! All the illnesses, the spaying, the training.

I've never had/raised TOTAL house cats before. So it has been difficult as this IS a small apartment, and I don't have the $$$ for the 'cat thingeees' that would make life easier for all of us: scratching posts, remote controlled toys, and probably most important of all, tall kitty condos so they could see out over the patio.

OTOH, with total house cats there are definite advantages! No fleas or worms! No going out and hunting them when they don't come home. No little 'presents' they've bought in to play with. No encounters with other animals that could cause injuries and vet visits.

All in all, it's been worth every minute. They are truly creatures of joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment