Saturday, January 14, 2006

MedicareD

And this is helping me how???

So far this month, I’ve paid $44 for medications that were not covered by my new MedicareD prescription coverage.

In fact, I’ve had to spend many hours on the phone with my two pharmacies, University Compounding Pharmacy and Galloway’s Pharmacy. At least at both pharmacies I got to talk to real people who not only understood my problem buy empathized.

My dozens of phone calls to Healthnet-Orange produced nothing but stress and anger. Every single time I called, I got a recording stating that call volume was too heavy for them to accept any more calls. Bang, it automatically hung up!!!!

(Excuse me Washington, shouldn’t this all have been ironed out, these providers all set up to go before these plans were put into action???)

For an excellent article on how MedicareD is affecting the elderly and disabled in San Diego, California, read this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/kgtv/20060114/lo_kgtv/3190190

No comments:

Post a Comment