Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Eye Stuff

Well, today I had my eyes ‘done’! No not what you’d think. I had permanent ‘plugs’ inserted into my lacrimal glands, to help keep my eyes from drying out.

(I had a set of temporary ones put in about 6 weeks ago, and they worked great.)

So since this little, minor, in office procedure was scheduled, the eye doc and I decided the little growths I had around my eyelashes had to go. (And good riddance; they often caused intense itching and ingrown eyelashes!)

So today this was all done. There was minimal pain and discomfort. I can’t wash around my eyes for a couple of days, have to apply an antibiotic ointment 3 x day for five days, take Tylenol for discomfort, and watch for any signs of infection. And in a few days I’ll be all healed, and my poor ‘dry eyes’ will not cause nearly the problems they have during the past few years.

BUT, I just looked in the mirror; I have ‘black’ swollen eyes!!!! Owell, this too shall pass, and my baby blues will be in better shape than ever…

No comments:

Post a Comment