Monday, February 16, 2009

Storm and Other Stuff

We had a cold, winter storm move through here late morning and mid-day. It was a real 'gully washer', making lakes of the sidewalks, and parking areas. Amazing stuff; I do love a good storm! No thunder and lightning though, that disappointed me! The wind however, was at times severe, so I had my computer turned off most of the day...

Mostly, Lucy and I sat at the window and watched. I tried a couple of times to get Big Boy to come in, but he would not have any of it for whatever strange reasons.

I was able to stay up in my wheelchair 4-5 hrs. at a time before having to lay down to rest.

This afternoon, Laura, from The Rock Church stopped by for a nice long visit. Among other things, she bought me two pictures from the latest Rock Church Cancer Ministry fund raising events. We ended our visit with a ‘joint’ prayer, which I really appreciated.

It was during this visit that my Grandson Michael called, but when I was able to return his call, his cell was messing up, so we are still playing ‘telephone’ tag. I am concerned about him because he is one of the MILLIONS that has had his work hours cut down to almost zero, and he’s job hunting. I don’t see or hear from him NEARLY often enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment