Friday, April 29, 2005

Poke & Peek: Another Clear!

Had my first '6 month' cysto today. And the doc said my bladder looked clear! (Of course, the cytology results won't be in till next week).

I'm so relieved! No signs of active cancer. And I don't have to do this again for another 6 months.

The CT scan, done a couple of weeks prior, was normal also. (There was a problem with my mammogram, but not in the breast where I had the cancer; it will also have to be repeated in six months.)

I was really nervous; I hadn't gone six months between 'checks' since the diagnosis on 9/10/01 (yes, I awoke in the middle of the night, post surgical in the hospital, with tubes going to strange places doing odd things, to the first of the CNN coverage of the attack).

The first year, there were two more surgeries. The second year, chemo and another surgery. Then we did every 3 months for a year. Then every 4 months for a year. This was my first 6 month stretch.

Tonight, I'm a little achey and sore. And on an antibiotic for 5 days. And it feels so very good...

No comments:

Post a Comment