Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oh for a chair!

I do not have any comfortable place to sit, put my feet up, and read.

In fact, other than some plastic shelf units, and an old desk that the TV sits on, I don't have ANY living room furniture.

I did have a nice looking couch that I found out by the dumpster, but it was much too large for the room, and I had difficulty getting around it in my wheelchair. On top of which, it was too low and narrow, for ME to sit on comfortably. So out it went!

I mostly read eBooks on my PDA. But I have only my wheelchair, or my hospital bed, neither are comfortable for reading.

I want a 'reading spot'! A place I can sit and read, watch TV, and look out the window. And I want it by this winter! I'm almost 60, I deserve a comfy place to sit and read!

I want a platform rocker & ottoman, or even a good sturdy chair and ottoman!!! I've picked out a nice set in the Ikea catalog: $169 for a mission style loveseat, and $99 for the matching chair (They have a matching platform 'glider' chair - but the price is way outta my range!).

To that end, I'm saving my pennies. But if you happen to know of any good used or new living room furniture, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment