Friday, September 14, 2007

Volunteering

This afternoon I went to a meeting of the San Diego County In Home Supportive Services Advisory Board. It meets once a month, and it meets fairly close to where I live.

This Advisory Panel seems to be well functioning, with involved members.

Turns out that they have a ‘vacant’ seat. I think I am going to put in an application; though I do not really know exactly what that entails, what the process, or criteria are to getting ‘appointed’ to a seat. Guess I will find out!

It is a way of helping others that I am capable of doing. And I am sooo glad that I am feeling well enough to start doing stuff like this. I have been a 'doer', a taker care of, most of my life. It has been terrible to not be able to 'help' others in some way...

No comments:

Post a Comment