Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thornton & Endos

Had an appointment with one of my Endos at UCSD Thornton this afternoon, I have not seen him for 7 months. He ordered some routine labs, including a PTH and Ca to follow up on the hyperparathyroidism (wonder if prednisone has impacted that?). We talked about diabetes and pump stuff. I related how the prednisone seemed to be making my BG’s go down. And I made another appointment for 6 months down the line.

I am sure glad I only need to go trekking to Thornton twice a year, it is a long, boring, and usually cold, trip (it sits up on that hill with nothing to protect it from the wind), and there is absolutely nothing else to do while you are there! I only have two docs at UCSD now, both Endo’s, both at Thornton, and this is the main reason why! I think they made a great error in judgment when they moved ALL their docs to Thornton from Hillcrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment