Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ethel, The Huntress!



When I first started taking the Girls 'out', Ethel (the alpha) would bring small, dry 'sticks' fallen from the trees, inside and drop them at my feet.

Sometimes, the 'sticks' would be more like 'branches' and she could hardly drag them onto the patio, let alone though the barely open patio door. So she left them just outside.

She always let me know that she'd bought me an 'offering', with a specific vocalization. And I've always praised her for that.

But now, even with a collor that has a loud bell on it, she is somehow managing to catch birds!

Last week, the first time, she bought in a tiny (and dead) sparrow.

Today, it was a hummer!

Of course, she drops these 'gifts' right at my feet, and gives the vocalization! And I praise her, then dispose of the poor dead bird.

A neighbor said they must be really stupid birds, to be caught by a cat that has a loud bell on! Maybe so...

No comments:

Post a Comment