Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Round of Chemo Over

Just finished another week (M-W-F) of VP 14 and one dose of Carbo. Think I only have one more in three weeks in this round before scans.

Had NO pain BEFORE this round (or very minimal anyway), after first dose of VP, suffered agonizing pain in rt hip, lumbar spine, rt pelvis (where major mets are in bone). Got Dilaudid pill dose doubled if needed, (and IV Dilaudid at infusion center)and a couple of times I needed it!

Docs, and very experienced Chemo nurse on unit were actually pleased! Said it meant VP was acting ON cancer cells. Doc went and compared, visually, all x-rays, said it looked to him like original lesion was smaller. And no signs of previous pneumonia. Small lights at the end of a far off tunnel...

The fatigue does not seem so bad either this time, or am I just getting used to being exhausted?

Yesterday, being Friday, was my 'long day', doses of BOTH VP and Carbo and pre-meds, so I missed all Good Friday Observances, just as I will miss Easter Mass tomorrow (but Eucharistic Minister from Sacred Heart of OB will come here), just like I missed Christmas.

I must admit to being almost completely housebound due to being auto-immune compromised is beginning to get to me, but then, I DO NOT want Shingles, or pneumonia AGAIN!

Getting done with that third day of Chemo in a week, and knowing I don't have to go back for three weeks, gives me the feeling of being let out of school for the summer! And I want to go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment