Monday, October 04, 2004

Fickle Fate Strikes Again

I should have known...

The day AFTER spending a couple of hours of actually working on a poem, I had all kinds of weird, strange, and unusual computer problems. So I used what time I wasn't flat out in bed from exhaustion, trying to make 'puter work.

Luckily, a friend had just sent me a NEW USB optical mouse and pad. But that wasn't the only prob. For some reason, my 'fan' had stopped working and the CPU had really overheated. I was able to leave it off for a few hours; and when I did a cold boot, the fan was again working. But THAT is something I am really gonna have to watch; not only don't want a fire, don't want my HD melted!

The bottom line was that I was completely unable to do anything on the computer; shopping, hobby, email, etc for awhile. So frustrating. Sigh, I need a new computer (and a laptop, and a PDA)

No comments:

Post a Comment