Friday, October 15, 2004

Gone w/the whatever

Preparing for the arrival of the new wheelchair!

-I have exactly $49 left in bank, so tomorrow am going to buy a book of disabled transit tickets (10=5 round trips) for $45. It takes about a week to get them in the mail. And I will have them in hand ready to go.

-Monday I'll make a couple of doctor appointments; Hematologist, Urologist/Oncologist, for starters! Maybe Breast surgeon...

It usually takes 2-4 days to fully 'deep' charge new batteries, and get the 'feel' of using a different chair. So by a week from next Monday, I should be 'good to go'.

I feel like Scarlet O'Hara; because I swear I will never be in this position again! In next two years, I will find the bucks somehow, someway (perhaps I'll even feel well enough to write?) to have the OLD chair repaired for a 'back-up' and will buy a new walker (and maybe even feel strong enough to walk outside again)!

To be SOOO sick just because ya can't get to a doc is absolutely ridiculous! Not when I've spent my entire life being ill and now there's a chance to feel WELL. I had no idea that Medicare wouldn't just do any NEEDED repairs on chair in a fairly timely manner. But, it turns out, NOT when the chair is out of warranty!!!

Hah, NOW I know (what a terrible way to learn)...And I won't be caught w/my pants down again!

No comments: