Saturday, September 10, 2005

More adventures with grass!

I was finally ready to try again.

I went to the pet store, paid OVER $3 for a small package of 'Kitty Grass' seed. Planted some in two different pots, on different week-ends, so I'd have a 'rotating' crop.

Felt very smug about it all. This time I would NOT bring the containers inside. When the grass got tall enough, I'd 'mow' it with a pair of scissors, and present it to the cats!

And after a couple of weeks of watering and turning pots towards the sun, that's exactly what I did.

Still feeling smug and good about providing what my cats needed, I 'clipped' the top of one planter of grass of about 3 inches of growth. I bought in into the apartment and placed it in the middle of the living room floor on a piece of paper as I was expecting a great deal of chewing and rolling.

Lucy and Ethel, who'd been watching this entire procedure with great interest, immediately went over to the paper to check out the grass. They slowly approached the grass in the middle of the paper. They sniffed it with delicate black noses.

Then, Ethel just turned and walked away!!! While Lucy tried to cover the grass with first the paper, then the carpet!

Not giving up, I took the grass off the paper and put it on the bottom of one of their scratchers, thinking they'd notice it later.

Yea, right!

But the Cat Grass Project hasn't come to an end; obviously, I must just not have the right kind of seed. Now I'm seeking Catnip seed. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment