Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Horton Plaza

Being as I had 'layover' time between appointments, I got to spend some time downtown at Horton Plaza this afternoon. One of my favorite places.

I went to the ATM, I splurged on a large Mocha from Starbucks, I got a new cell from the Cingular Store (my very old one had stopped working). And lastly, I picked up a few groceries from the big Ralph's across the street.

I window shopped. At a fancy jewelry shop window, I picked out a 'tennis bracelet' I liked, only $1900, on sale! At Cingular, I picked out the cell I'd REALLY like, a Palm Trio. I cruised an upscale deli, picking out the meats and cheesed I'd LIKE to order to take home.

But most of all I engaged in my usual pastime, I people watched. And at Horton Plaza there is never a lack of people. Rich or poor, others, like me, find it an enjoyable place to hang. And because it is right downtown, there are always many tourists from the convention center, the nearby hotels, or a cruise ship docked at the bottom of Broadway.

I saw local homeless, pushing their carts, getting a cheap fast food meal, and the well to do eating at the very upscale restaurants. I heard people speaking in many languages (primarily Dutch, I think). And I even was able to give directions to a woman who said she'd just arrived here from Louisiana!

I left, after spending several hours there, for my second appointment of the afternoon, having spent too much money, of course, money I hadn't planned on spending. But feeling entertained, and having had a wholely worthwhile experience.

Do click on the 'title' above, it will whisk you away to Horton Plaza...

No comments:

Post a Comment