Thursday, April 27, 2006

End of the month blues

The kitchen cupboards are mostly empty. As is the refrigerator. I am not going hungry. I have food: potatoes, carrots, onions, ramen, jello, peanut butter, and pasta. And the all-important coffee! Just yesterday, I spent my last $10 on milk, eggs, margarine, and bread.

The problem is I can’t really go to the kitchen and prepare a balanced, low calorie, low fat, diabetic meal or snack. I can have toast and eggs, or a peanut butter sandwich, or boiled potatoes, carrots, and onions. 1% Milk for a beverage and in my coffee, and Jello for snacks. Not quiet a ‘diabetic’ menu, but as close to it as I can get under these circumstances. It gets frustrating, especially watching my blood sugars go up temporarily.

But it’s kinda like this at the end of each month, no matter how carefully I budget and shop, and I must say, I’ve gotten very good at doing both those things, otherwise I’d have nothing to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment