Saturday, March 10, 2007

I am so easily thrilled!


I went to Long’s today, with a list, as usual. I am always so broke, I have to pay careful attention to only buying what I need, not something that I may just see, that I like, or want! I am good at this by now.

Today, at Long’s I made a couple of impulsive purchases. (Spent $6 I should not have!). My mistake was in going down the ‘sale’ aisle, a place I studiously avoid because there is ALWAYS something there that I really need and can not afford.

Sure enough, half way down that aisle was a bin with cut-price sale items. There was a package of 12 brightly colored washcloths for $3, and a package of 5 kitchen towels for another $3. Since I had actually seen these items a couple of weeks earlier at twice the price, I grabbed a package of each.

I just could not resist! My own linens (ha!), are far past the ‘rags’ stage. Really most folks would not even use them for rags; they are that old and threadbare.

After I laundered these items, I took the 4 washcloths I had left and placed them in the rag pile. Ditto for about four of my kitchen towels (and it really should have been more!).

I broke one of my own self-imposed rules, and I am glad I did. I was thrilled to have these new linens!

No comments:

Post a Comment