Saturday, March 03, 2007

My 'Blogging' Rhythm

I have been blogging for a few years now. And I’m in a rhythm! I have my ‘stride’.

I have found that if I wait for a period of time AFTER an event, emotion, etc before I write about it, I end up with a much better product. It is more complete and smoother. Not so ‘emotional’, or at least not so emotional in a ‘overwhelming’ way.

So for the past year or so, that is what I have been doing. The date you see on an article, is the actual date of occurrence, but it was written from a few days to a couple of weeks later. That gives me time to 'evaluate' the article; do I really want to write about that, would anyone be interested in it? And, if so, what do I really want to say, and how? What slant? How explicit do I want to be about this particular item?

I really give myself the chance to 'think it through'. Often I get a better, fuller perspective of whatever I'm writing about. Not only 'on paper' but inside myself as well.

But, I do not write them 'out of order', skipping about hither and yon. I write and post them in order of date of occurance.

In the spirit of truthfullness that evvy's blog encompasses, I wanted to share my 'technique' as well as let all my readers know.

It works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment