Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New 'clicker'!

Finally went to the 'new' Walgreens today (it has probably been open two years now!).

What spurred the trip was that I needed a new lancet device. I test my Blood Glucose 4 - 6 times a day, day after day, month after month. This seems to play havoc with lancing devices. I have yet to have one that's lasted much over a year.

They always 'break' at the screw off cap area, OR worse yet, the 'spring' mechanism slows down greatly, leaving the actual lancet in your skin! This is what happened to my 'last' one.

I actually have old, extra lancet devices on hand. But now I carry the oh so small, Freestyle CozMoniter Case in my waist bag. It requires a very small lancet device.

I checked Long's, and they only had the 'standard' size, so it was off to Walgreen's.

There I found a great Lancing Device! Just the right size, has 5 depth settings, easy to load and unload the lancet (by hand), and it was only $10! It was 'Walgreen's' brand.

This is the first time I have used a 'generic' Lancet Device (in all these years!). I have always purchased them from the companies that make the Glucose Meters. Since I am now using the Coz Freestyle Meter, I could have gotten one from them. But I hadn't particularly liked the one that came with my CozMoniter, it wasn't in & out fast enough, and the depth settings didn't seem to be any different, one from the other. I want a drop of blood and I want it NOW!

I bought it home and began using it immediately. It is great! The only drawback is that it is only for 'finger testing' not forearms, etc. That is fine for me, as I have never had much success with anything other than my fingers.

Now I am a happy 'clicker' I would recommend this little Walgreen's Lancet Device to all. (BTW, I think I am the only person that calls them 'clickers', after the sound they make!)

No comments:

Post a Comment