Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Sisters: New Collars

They have needed new collars for a couple of months. Ethel’s collar was severely frayed. Lucy’s collar was losing the ID tag. Both were faded and had lost their bells. Finally, Lucy’s ID came totally off, and I made the trip to the local pet store.

Keeping to tradition, I got a bright red for Lucy (the alpha cat), and a bright blue for Ethel. Safety collars of course! The collars included a ‘jingle’ type bell of the same color. (I need them to have the bells so I can keep track of them; I do not want to run over a kitty with the wheel chair!). I also purchased TWO SETS of ‘Buddy Tags’, one for now, and one for an extra set.

These ‘Buddy Tags’, made in the USA by ‘Buddy Cat’, they are the best pet ID’s I’ve ever found. I love them. They are simply a piece of paper you write your info on, and another, trifold piece of waterproof adhesive, see through, wrap around plastic material to put over it, which wraps around the entire width of the collar. You can see them at: http://www.buddycat.com/tags.php They stay on! There were only 3 packages left on the shelf, and I got two of them.

The total cost of these necessary ‘Sister’ items: $22 + tax!!! But barring a broken or lost collar they will probably last a year or two, I hope!

They have worn collars since they were tiny kittens, so I had no problems exchanging the old for the new. I had wondered if perhaps they would dislike the bells, as they have not had them for a long time, (they do come off easily). But no, they actually seemed to enjoy their new their new attire! If I had a digital camera, I would have taken pictures of them in their new collars to post here, and I am sure they would have ‘posed’ appropriately...

No comments:

Post a Comment