Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A nice set of dinnerware!

I haven't been 'dumpster diving' for months.

I've been ill a lot. Then there was the weather, seemed like it was always either cold, windy, or rainy. Then too, it was full dark SO early! But now both those conditions have changed.

So today, not really expecting to find anything, as it was mid-week, and not the end of the month (the best times to find 'stuff'), I went on my dumpster diving rounds.

The first thing I came across was a full, sealed, box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts. I left those for the next 'diver'.

At another bin, I found a service for four of neat ceramic dinnerware. It was matte black with 'drizzled' gray stripes. The bread plates were square. Well, I couldn't use them (too heavy for me to handle, I use Correll), but I thought of a neighbor that might like them.

So I zipped by her apartment, and she was home. Not only did she love he dinnerware, but she had just finished cooking a spiral cut ham and all the trimmings. So I got to take home some yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment