Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Parrot Season Again!

For the past couple of weeks, I've seen the big flocks of wild green parrots flying over in the evenings.

Ahh, but this morning, at dawn, as I was sitting at my patio door, as I frequently do to say my morning prayers, I heard a few of them 'waking & squawking'. Though many of my neighbors hate them; I find them such a joy!

It won't be long now before the whole flock roosts in the local trees and will fill the air with joyful noise at sunrise and sunset...

Listen to the parrots!

1 comment:

  1. I miss those parrots! We had a flock in Old Escondido, too - but now that I've remarried and moved into a respectable neighborhood (Escondido Country Club, but don't tell them we're the family with the Toyota minivan ...) there are no more wild parrots.

    ReplyDelete