Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Peace And

The Holidays are over, again. And I'm glad. I loathe to 'wish' time away, as the old saying goes; but I do, each year during the entire holiday season.

It's not that I get depressed, or even blue, not anymore at least. But since I have no family, in the usual sense of the term; I don't celebrate. So the holidays are just a reminder to me of what I don't have, no longer have, or have lost. And oh, there has been so very much loss through the years!

Yes, I think that the holidays bring for me 'an awareness of loss'.

And since I don't 'celebrate', except in my heart, my life goes on, as usual. And all these days of offices and businesses being closed, and/or operating on 'short' hours, distresses me. I have to put much on hold because OTHERS celebrate...

I don't begrudge others their celebrations. No, in fact I wish them joy and peace; but I'm glad the world has returned to normal (so to speak).



JOIN the LIST
to be notified of new entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment