Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hope & Awe!

As the days pass and I feel just a little better (most) days, and reclaim just a little more of my life (function) each day, I am absolutely filled with awe...

Yes, there are still days when I have to lie down for awhile, but not often! And every day, I need to rest a bit between chores or activities. And I can still get 'unfocused' about my tasks. BUT...

I get dressed every day, fix my hair, put on earrings, slap on some lipstick! I do little dabs of laundry in my tiny washer, hanging wet stuff all over. I do some dishes or cooking when needed. I get my mail. Make phone calls. Every few days, I do a major chore, sweep the floors, change the bed, etc.

With my new wheelchair I am able to go to doctor appointments, do my banking, do minor shoping (I order groceries twice a month online and they are delivered), etc.

As time passes, my apartment is getting cleaner and less cluttered and more organized. (This despite the fact I haven't found a 'caregiver' to hire - this would help immensely!), Unfortunately, everything does pile up before I get to it - but I DO get to it, eventually. Last year, or for the past 5 yrs, I couldn't have said that.

It's just amazing to me! After so many years of debilitating illness; I am actually starting to get a 'life' back. AND LOVING IT! And with life, comes hope, and plans for the future.

For YEARS, I was so ill, indeed for most of my life, and not understanding how other people DID life. Now not a day goes by that I don't say to myself, "No wonder other people have jobs, homes, spouses. If they feel like this just part of the time..."!!!

Hope & Awe!


CLICK
HERE TO DONATE!



JOIN: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evvygarrett/
TO RECEIVE NOTICE OF NEW ARTICLES

No comments:

Post a Comment