Friday, January 14, 2005

Haircut!

Today I finally did it!!!

I've been considering it for quite some time, but didn't want to make the decision during all those months I was feeling so terrible. No, that's not a good time to make big decisions...

Today I went from very long hair (over 12 inches from the ponytail!) to very, very, VERY short. (I want to get clippers and see if I can maintain the the 'DO' by myself!) And the cut hair was donated to: http://www.locksoflove.org/

I just felt that my long, long, hair was taking up far too much of my time and energy. Goodness, after I got out of the shower from washing my hair, it took me an hour to comb all the tangles out! Really! My hair was so long and so very curly.

On top of that, it basically took about an hour a day for brushing and grooming it!

Now that I'm starting to feel better, I want to get in the pool! Often! (The docs keep telling me to do 'water walking', whatever THAT is.) And trying to deal with my hair AFTER a trip to the pool AND a shower, was a energy nightmare. I know, I have tried 2 - 3 times during the past year as I gradually felt better.

So I wheeled out of that hair salon lighter all the way around, in hair and spirit. The first thing I noticed? My earrings swinging again!



JOIN the LIST
to be notified of new entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment