Friday, May 20, 2005

An almost summer eve

Not only did I not 'work' today, I got to socialize and eat out this evening.

A neighbor fired up the grill and we had wonderful 'carne asda'. And all the goodies to go with: big onion rolls, corn on the cob, potato salad, and watermelon. (Surprisingly, I made pretty good food choices, and DIDN'T eat too much. I even remembered that BBQ Sauce had a lot of sugar in it, and passed.)

After dinner was as good, if not better, than the meal. The men migrated inside to the TV. The women sat out in the coolish pre-summer evening under an almost full moon, around this huge barrel grill, which did a terrific imitation of a bonfire. We talked and shared stories, and laughed for a couple of hours.

I could do that almost EVERY evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment