Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Family Pictures

I've been scanning the family pictures. I want to put them on a site so everyone involved may download what that want. And perhaps put them on CD's and mail to the grandkids. Once I'm gone, no one who really has any interest in these pictures would have immediate access to them, and the people who clean the apartment would just toss them in the trash bins. I've seen it happen!

But this little project is taking ALL my time and energy. I have three HUGE, stuffed full Albums comprising all my Mom's pictures, and mine. The earliest being ca 1900!

And then there's the documents I'd like to include. I don't have many, but what I do have, I want to share; they are so hard to find, and expensive to get once you do.

I actually started this project at the first of this year without really thinking through what I wanted to do, or how. That's when I scanned the oldest of my Mother's pictures. Then I kind of let it sit, while I cogitated on the 'whole' of it.

So now I've done that, feel I'm focused in on this project. And what a big project it is! I also had to come to the decision that it's important enough to set aside my other (writing), projects for a time. Besides it might actually fit into my 'MEMOIRS OF A MAD POET' project eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment