Sunday, March 12, 2006

Grandsons

Well, it’s been an interesting week end!

Michael Kiter
Yesterday afternoon one of my Grandsons, Michael Kiter called, then came over. He was having a dispute with his mother. Mike will be 18 this summer; and he wants all the advantages thereof, but none of the responsibilities. Now I haven’t seen this boy in 4 months, since he came by to pick up his Christmas present; but he was harboring the misconception that I’d ‘save’ him from his mother’s decision. That I’d let him stay here for at least a few days. I must have really disappointed him, as I told him he needed to go home and accept his mom’s decision! Haven’t heard from him since, though I asked him to call and let me know how it all worked out; I didn’t want to sit around and worry about him. I did call and leave a message on HIS cell (imagine that at 17!), he didn’t bother to return my call.

Christopher & Russell Harris
This afternoon, I called Christopher Harris to wish him a happy birthday. He’s 19 now!

I had to wait 18 years to contact these grandsons! Last year, legally, I was able to contact them. But their father answered the phone, neither boy was at home, and no one called me back.

This year, father again answered the phone, but didn’t ask who I was, and 19 year old Christopher (Chris!), was at home and came to the phone. The conversation was short (it was obvious he didn’t want to talk to me, but he was too polite to hang up). I accomplished my purpose, to make sure that they had my contact info, in case they ever wanted to get in touch with me. I let him know about his half-brother Michael visiting yesterday, and that I would be scanning his baby pictures into the family picture album, that I’d been there when he was born.

Wonder if he told his parents who’d called to wish him a happy birthday??? Contrary to what his adoptive parents might think, I’m NOT trying to usurp their parental position – but these are my grandsons and I didn’t sign any adoption papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment