Thursday, September 21, 2006

HUD Inspection 2006

My apartment failed Inspection today; because some of the plaster/paint is chipped (actually, a LOT, all over the apartment, though no worse than last year!).

I tried to explain to the woman that I’d lived here 8 years, and it needed painting. (Which the inspector last year definitely commented on – and I had to hire someone to wash the bathroom walls and the owner came in and painted it.). Her reply to this was that the management wouldn’t paint my apartment because “You smoke in here”.

Has everyone in the whole friggen world gone nuts???

But she would have NONE OF IT. She said not only would the repairs have to be made, but I would need to get ‘plastic’ corners to protect the walls from my wheelchair and walker! That they were available at Home Depot for a couple of bucks each.

People who have cars, and are not ill, just don’t ‘get it’. Right, I’ll just run right down to Home Depot, whip out my checkbook, come back home and pay someone to install them!!!

This of course means, I have to go through this all over again next month. Sigh. After the management repairs and paints the dings all over my apartment. I can only hope they regard this as ‘normal wear and tear’ after 8 years of use, and not change me for it!

But, I’ve been thinking, I WILL NOT put plastic corners up on the walls! This is NOT a ‘nursing facility’ it’s my ‘home’. ; Maybe this Inspector woman who arrived today with her nose in the air, and a regular paycheck, encases her couch in plastic and puts vinyl runners on her carpet, but I don’t live that way. And won’t

Think I'll pour myself a can or two of Orange Soda, over lots of ice, and go to bed with my cats. I'll watch some television, let my leg ooze blood, emotionally gird myself for the wheelchair repairs tomorrow...and turn OFF the world for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment