Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Coves BBQ 2006

Compared to last year, there were hardly any people there! I was amazed. Usually it’s a packed event. But I think last year, it was scheduled before September.

September brings a lot of little stuff folks need to do, especially if they have kidlets in school. I also think there was a Padres game this afternoon, and I know the annual ‘light show’ event is scheduled for tonight at Qualcomm Stadium.

There were very few people there I knew, and they came, ate, left!

As always the food (catered) was great. But I didn’t eat too much, as my post meal blood sugar proved.

And there was a DJ, and a good mix of music that was so loud you couldn’t talk to anyone.

Something new this year – a drawing for 3 $50 gift certificates. Of course, I didn’t win one!

I just wish it were more often than once a year. I’m not quite sure what this ‘event’ is for; if it’s for residents to ‘meet’ each other, once a year doesn’t get it. I’d rather have hot dogs once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment