Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rug Cleaning Day

It happens every year during late August or September. My carpet gets cleaned, gratis the owners, in celebration of the yearly, soon to come HUD inspection.

This year it was particularly difficult, though I’m probably in the best shape (medically), that I’ve been in for awhile, as I have no current ‘housekeeper’.

For some reason, probably because I’m mainly in a wheelchair, stuff in this place tends to gravitate to floor level. It’s amazing how much stuff has to be hauled up on top of other stuff so that the carpet can be cleaned; the cat scratch box, the box of cat toys, my change jar, doorstops, my chair recharger, and on and on...

I tried to do the preparations myself, but soon got overtired, overworked, and overwhelmed. So I paid a neighbor cash to help me out.

So a white van pulled up in front of the building, and a nice guy with a slight French accent, (turns out he moved here from France more than a decade ago) started dragging out hoses. This guy, Allen, I’d not met before; too bad, because he did an excellent job, pre-treating, and taking the time to do as much of the carpet as he could in a meticulous fashion.

Thus, here I am, the day AFTER the carpet cleaning, sitting here looking at this nice clean carpet and all this stuff piled on couch, tables, dresser etc., that needs to be again placed where it usually lives. It’s gonna be a long time, I think, as I have no more ‘cash’ to hire someone to help me.

Makes me tired just looking at it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment