Tuesday, November 27, 2007

AIMCO Reimbursement - Round 3


THE INDUSTRIAL PLASTIC THAT KEPT ME SEPARATED FROM MY KITCHEN, DINING ROOM, CLOSET FROM 11.13.2007 THROUGH 10.31. 2007. (15 days)

Apparently, yesterday, Monday, in the middle of the afternoon while I was busy with something else, I received an email from Mariner's Coves Management.

Then at 9:30 this morning, I received a phone call, "had I gotten the email?" Well, I had seen it there in my inbox, but had not really read it. So, I read the email.

It would seem that the AIMCO people had 'talked it over' and agreed to 'cut me a check for $500; Please let them know as soon as possible...”

I gave the offer serious thought, a 'bird in the hand' and all that. BUT this is about HALF of what I spent out of pocket and what the damaged furniture will cost to replace. (Not to mention any consideration for what I went through.) AND, the money is not only already gone from my pocket, but it seems AIMCO is not willing to stand up and do the right thing, which would be to reimburse me immediately, especially as I have supplied all documentation and receipts.

Not to mention that after ALL I have been through, (without even a SLAM, BANG, THANK YOU MAAM from AIMCO or Mariner’s Coves management!) I may now be suffering with the “I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it anymore" syndrome!

But I really did think it through, what it would take for me to file a claim against AIMCO in Small Claims Court, the time, energy, the costs.

I emailed them back that I would take no less than 991.00, which are my actual costs. Other than that, I would be filing in California Small Claims Court in December. Though they were HURRY, HURRY yesterday, I have not yet had a reply. And I don’t really expect one...

If I do not hear from them by the end of this week, I will (again), track down still one more (higher up) AIMCO executive, and email copies of all.

Otherwise, it looks like, at age 61, I am going to experience the California Small Claims Court-San Diego, for the first time in my life. (I am sooo very glad I documented, got receipts, took many pictures, had lots of ‘witnesses’, etc) But, even if I don't 'win' anything, at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing that AIMCO management, will actually have to experience some 'real life' for themselves!

BTW, what would I have done differently if I had it to do over again? I would not have spent one penny of what little I have. I would have called Red Cross and seen if The Girls and I qualified for Emergency Housing! (Mariner’s Coves offered a hotel ROOM – no kitchenette for my insulin/diabetes! No up front expense funds for $9.00 round trip disabled transit to/from any hotel as I needed it, no food chits, no boarding for the Sisters – nadda, just a paid for hotel room. Boy would I have been in a MESS if I had gone THAT route!)

No comments:

Post a Comment