Friday, November 02, 2007

Another Water Leak!

THE SECOND LEAK-THE WATER SEEPING INTO HALL CARPET FROM BATHROOM



I could NOT believe it!

Just one day after all the water damage repairs to my apartment were completed, when I got up this morning, the first thing I saw was a small puddle of water on the bathroom floor, seeping into the carpeting in the hall!

Since the ‘office’ would not be open for several minutes, and I didn’t want to go through the answering service, AND I knew that some of the maintenance people were already out and about on the property (they start work a couple of hours before the office opens), I threw on a jacket and went looking for one.

It did not take long. I hailed Saul, who was going by in one of the ‘carts’. He almost could not believe his ears, “Another leak? In the bathroom?” He went to get Carlos, and they were almost back to my apartment by the time I got to my front door.

Sure enough, Carlos checked out the walls in the bathroom, and THIS was a NEW leak, in the wall between my bathroom and linen closet!

It only took an hour or so for the leak to be ‘found & fixed’, wet carpet removed, the NEW molding removed, and for MORE drying equipment to be installed.

I was almost in hysterics...

No comments:

Post a Comment