Monday, July 28, 2008

Half-Birthday 2008

Birthday Banner



Today is my Half-Birthday.

And I did nothing to celebrate! I am definitely in the middle of a flare, and am counting the days till my Rhumy appointment (one week). On top of which, I have a lot of 'other' stuff going on. So I'm lucky to get the coffee made and The Sisters and Big Boy fed. My 'to do' pile is almost as big as my desk, it can really pile up...

For those of you who don't know, a Half-Birthday is the equivalent of being born on 'Festivas'! A Half-Birthday is for those poor folk (like moi!) who were born within the month AFTER Christmas! Being born at such a time, when everyone is broke and hung-over, from THE major christian holiday of the year, is tantamount to NOT having a birthday! There are no parties, big gifts, a day at the circus for us! Nope, we are lucky to get a piece a cake with a candle in it and a verbal 'Happy Birthday', and that in a half-hearted manner.

So sometime in my late twenties, I saw, read, heard SOMEWHERE about half-birthdays! From then on, I've celebrated my half-birthday on July 28. And let me tell ya, there have been some damn fine parties and celebrations! Needless to say, as I've gotten older (and clean & sober), the celebrations have toned down considerably!

Even though it's now a party of one, I still celebrate my half-birthday. Of course, I never expect half-birthday presents - however, feel free to use that PayPal Button!





2 comments:

  1. I don't celebrate my half-birthday, because my real birthday is Memorial Day and my half-birthday is Thanksgiving. Can't rustle up a party on either weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And I thought I had it 'bad' regarding birthdays...

    ReplyDelete