Friday, December 26, 2008

A Christmas Present from Me to Me!

Present

Every year, I buy myself a Christmas Present (Birthday too!), because otherwise I might not get one!

Often it is a 'frivolous' item I've had my eye on for awhile, perfume, etc.

This year, I went PRACTICAL, but it is something I have been wanting for years; an Emergency Response System. Yep, I now wear a 'button' around my neck that I can push if I need help.

It is not a 'national' company, but a local one, so a little less costly. That does not keep it from being 100% effective though!

I felt safer and more secure the moment it was installed...

I also got a SECOND cable box for my OLD 19" color TV in the bedroom, at the rate of $5 month, so I can watch more than the basic channels in there too. And for an additional $3 per month, I subscribed to EWTN (also something I've been wanting for years!).

So an extravagant Christmas! (But no Laptop!)





1 comment:

  1. Hi Evvy,
    Great idea for the Emergency Response System. That should give you some added peace of mind. I've had EWTN for a few years and it has some good things but the extreme Republican commentary turns me off. Maybe they will tone down the politics now that the election is over, but I doubt it. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. Sorry to hear about your medical problems. Hang in there and God Bless!
    Love & Prayers,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete