Monday, December 08, 2008

Shingles!

Was at the Oncologists Office today. One of the things I pointed out to them was the 'rash' that was causing me severe burning, and the underlying muscles were agonizing!

They took one look at the 'rash' that ran from my belly, up my torso, and around my waist, and THEY knew what it was!

Seems Shingles is not uncommon among 'chemo' patients. (Jeeze, do I not get to miss any of this fun stuff?). At any rate, they increased my pain pills from 1 to 2, and gave me an antiviral drug - which seemed to make me feel less 'draggy' after about the third pill.

I'll sure be glad when this is healed!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Evvy ... you sure are on quite a rough path ... remember to take of #1 and that is you ... the rest will all fall into place as it should and will ... life has a way of turning out exactly as we need it and not as we want it and you are very courageous in spite of what is going on around you with the neighbors and your family ... know you are in my prayers constantly and in my heart you are loved.

    ReplyDelete