Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Jolene

I clicked into a new search site, http://www.zabasearch.com/ and for no thought out reason, entered the Jolene’s full name.

Jolene is a childhood friend (best friends since kindergarten, for heaven’s sake, when we lived just houses from each other!) that I'd lost touch with in the last few years.

They had retired, moved to another state, and I'd also moved. The result was that we lost track of each other, for the first time since the day we met.

I’ve looked for her. Oh, how I’ve looked for her, phonebooks, people with the same last name (I’ve sent many strangers emails asking if they were Jolene!), Social Security public records, and on the internet in the hopes she’d eventually put up a web site. I’ve even tried to contact her husband’s relatives as he comes from a large family. I’ve waited expectantly for that annual Christmas Card (not realizing a ‘change of address’ order expires after only six months).

Then to my joy and disbelief, boom, there it was, on the ZabaSearch page! From the information provided there, I was able to find her phone number in the white pages.

I just hung up the phone from talking with her!!! I recognized her voice immediately when she answered. Some things, even 55 years, don’t change. We didn’t talk long, just long enough to exchange current information; health, kids, grandkids, and email addresses!

Thankfully, she has a computer too – Jolene and I can really catch up now, maybe get to know each other better again! This just makes my day, week, month!!! I am sooo happy...



No comments:

Post a Comment