Saturday, July 30, 2005

A Windfall

Here it is, almost the end of the month, and to my utter astonishment, I have $200 EXTRA.

What to do with it??? Such a quandary! There is so very much I'm in REAL need of: clothes, shots for the cats, a chair and lamp, so I can have a place to read (other than sitting in my wheelchair or hospital bed), linens, a winter poncho, and on and on and on. All, everyday things that many would not consider luxuries. Things that many can't imagine not having available...

After days of cogitating, I fell back on my Mother's and Gramp's sage advice. I remember hearing it many times over during my childhood, ”You can never go wrong with the necessities - it's like putting money in the bank."

So I stashed a good part of my 'windfall' away for 'Medical Transportation' (@ $10 round trip). Then I got online to http://www.vons.com/.

I now have a kitchen full of food (also a luxury around here!). The freezer is full of microwave meals, the cupboard is full of canned fruits & veggies. I have tuna, and crackers, and chicken broth, and cottage cheese, and sour cream!!! Most of which my kitchen hasn't seen in months.

Here's to Windfalls!!!

1 comment:

  1. >>>I am looking for ideas to start my own blog about ebooks and you have give me a few ideas. Thank you. Good blog. I will check it each week.

    Thanks for the input! You may always join the 'notification' list. (Link on sidebar.) I always let that list know when new material has been posted!

    ReplyDelete