Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Byetta, YES!!!

I actually GOT my Byetta today!!! (What, insurance has only been dragging their feet for SIX weeks???) It is in my refrigerator! (I still need to read all the 'inserts'.)

And I have an appointment on Thursday afternoon to get my lesson on 'pen use' and to take my first injection in my docs office!!!

I'm so excited! Am just sitting here trying to imagine how I'm going to feel, physically & mentally, if I can obtain NORMAL blood sugars. (I ran '80' all my life till DM hit with a hammer!) I would think it could even be life changing...

Just not having to 'roll' a bottle of insulin to make sure it's mixed for 3 minutes, draw up insulin, inject it with EACH MEAL then either 'getting very sleepy' and taking a nap, or having to watch for a low because I didn't count my carbs correctly!

And the hunger!!! I am ALWAYS hungry (except when blood sugars are under 120). If Byetta (or 'normal' blood sugars could eliminate the INSANE hunger...

Yes, life might be very different with Byetta!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment