Friday, July 01, 2005

More on my Neighbors

When I went out to get my mail (or should I say trash, as most of it goes right into the dumpster) today. I was surprised to see a vacant apartment in the next building.

Now vacancies in this huge complex ( 35 buildings - 500 apartments ) are hardly a unique item.

But the folks that had been living in this particular apartment had been there for longer than I've lived here, almost six years. Seeing their place 'empty' was shocking.

Now we weren't friends, just nodding neighbors, speaking to each other at appropriate times. I didn't even know the names of their four children, though I often watched them play; I probably spoke more to the children (well behaved, nice kids) then I did to the parents. So it's no wonder that I wasn't 'notified' of their impending move. Nor did I see a moving truck.

Now they're gone. I don't know why, or where they moved too. I will miss them, and their constant presence around the perimeters of my life. Another loss of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment