Friday, December 08, 2006

Any good Dentists out there?

I went to the dentist today, or at least I tried to. I made the appointment two weeks ago. And I spent all morning just getting me ready to go. ($9 round trip for nothing!)

Now I need to interject that I've been going to this dentist for the past 4 years!

I got there to find that the Dental Office had moved to a completely different part of town! The offices were empty! There was not even a sign on the door saying when they had moved, or where.

So I called them from my cell while sitting on a side street that seemed to have less traffic. Sure enough, the dental practice had moved! When I inquired as to WHY I hadn't been informed of this when I'd made my appointment, or sent a card or letter, I got the usual Chicano minimum-wage-employee response: excuses and platitudes.

They then were actually upset when I cancelled my appointment! I had to point out to them that not everyone had a car to jump into and race across town, that I had SCHEDULED a return trip on disabled transit, and had to be in that location to be picked up and returned home. Even after I'd explained why I couldn't just go to their new location; she didn't get it, didn't have a clue!

I had to wait two hours for my 'ride', and luckily I was in a part of town where I could buy a cup of coffee, and window shop. Still, I got too chilled being outside that long.

By the time I got home, I was angry, frustrated, and absolutely exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment