Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006

It hasn't been a terrible day, but not a particularly good one either.

I did call my daughter and grandson this morning, left a message on their machine. As I am fond of telling everyone; I have no control over what other people do, only over what I do. Therefore I made the call, even though I didn't want to. And I was actually relieved to get their machine.

A lot of pain today; shoulders and hips. A lot of fatigue. Had to lie down for about an hour and a half this afternoon. And I didn't get dressed today. (In fact, it's been several days since I got dressed.)

Like my Mom used to say; 'you know you are sick when you have a little money in your pocket and you don't go spend it.'

Well, I've had a 'little money' in my pocket for a week and I'd love to spend it! I had planned to go out yesterday, when I was too ill, I changed the plan to today. Was going to go pick up some milk, bread, and cat food. Now it's on my agenda for tomorrow.

I like to get out. See people, sometimes chat with the friendlier ones. Look at the store displays. That kind of thing. And if I have a buck or two, buy something I 'want' as opposed to something I need.

Today I threw on my jacket and took the trash out, and considered myself lucky to do that. (It seemed much warmer out today, I'm happy to say!) There were good movies on TV this afternoon. And I had leftovers for dinner; leftover chuck roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans that I'd cooked yesterday. Yummy!

After dinner, a neighbor called to say Merry Christmas. And I felt ashamed that I hadn't called a couple of folks today to say hello. Though it's been my experience that most are with family or have made some kind of plans for this Holiday.

This neighbor also thanked me for all the 'jokes' I forward. And I was reminded that I hadn't sent out notice about 'evvy's corner' in months. Perhaps I'll do that tonight.

Some days, all you can do is 'get through' and today was that kind of day...

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, Hon -- I'm sending some love, warmth and healing your way. If you were nearby, you would have gotten a visit from me (the cripple visiting the ailing). Wish I could brighten your day some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann, wish you could too!

    ReplyDelete