Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day 2007

Not a particularly good day, physically, but not as bad as some have been in last few weeks.

But to show how ill I've been, I didn't even think to get a donut and watch the Rose Parade this morning. Perhaps the first time in all my adult years.

I am so tired, and so weak, I can hardly do anything. My balance and gait is off, so I nearly fall several times a day (I hate staying in wheel chair all the time, but if I don't, my left leg and ankle get much worse) Have off and on nausea, headache. The muscles in upper arms hurt so bad, actually feels like they've 'ruptured'. I get horrible cramps in my hands and feet, and hips, especially at night. I feel feint, lightheaded, most of the time. Every once in awhile, for a few hours, I have what I've learned to call over the years, 'mini-blackouts' ie for a split second I'm gone; (I think this has something to do with all the near falls.) I haven't had these in years. Not to mention, my thinking is often 'fuzzy', and slow, definitely not my usual decisive self.

I've not even been out of the apartment complex since 12.21.06 when I went to UCSD Pearlman Clinic to have blood drawn! Two or three times a week, I make it to the trash bin and/or the the mailbox.

I've been so sick, I've not even been able to get to the ATM to make a deposit. So I had to get a Direct Deposit Advance to order groceries online for delivery ($200 - and I'll have to pay back $220!). But had no other choice, was out of everything, and couldn't get to the ATM to make a deposit. Still haven't, no real hurry now - the damage is already done.

I've been so sick at times that had I had someone living with me, they would have either taken me to an ER, or called 911!

Now I realize that all this could be from something other than hyperparathyroidism, but since I've BTDT, I think not.

The good news?

-The damn holidays are OVER. I can call, email, see my docs! And I'm gonna start doing that first thing in the morning. I want some answers; I want TREATMENT. No one should have to live (survive) like this for weeks on end.

-I have a new IP. She's efficient and NICE. So at least I have help for 2 hrs. twice a week, for awhile, till she finds something better!

-I do feel just a little better, for whatever reason the last few days. I am mostly out of bed, if miserable. (I've been trying to get out in the sun for 20 min. a day, when it's not overcast. And I've doubled up on my daily, non-mineral containing vitamin.)

-I've lost 5.5 pounds this month. But during the past week have actually been trying to NOT diet, but to eat MORE, in the hopes I'd feel better.

-The results of the last PTH test should be in THIS WEEK, and we can move on from there, depending on the results.

And ohhh, yea, Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment