Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Feeling better...

I was able to get dressed today (but no shower or anything else). And take the bus the 10-12 blocks to the strip mall. And the wonderful ATM.

The energy expended just to get to the bus stop was such that by the time I got there, I was suffering a mild headache, and moderate nausea. I considered going home. But it was sunny, and not too cold, and I'd made it TO the bus stop, so... It wasn't long however before I was regretting my decision.

The wheelchair lift on the bus would NOT work to let me OFF. The bus emptied out, the driver called in for advice, and still the lift wouldn't work. I thought, for awhile, that I was gonna be stuck on that bus forever (wasn't there an old folk song like that?). Finally, after repositioning the bus in relation to the curb several times, turning bus off and on several times (to reset equipment, etc), I was finally able to, gratefully, descend to the sidewalk.

On to the ATM, where I got a little cash to keep on hand (for disabled transit and or to send someone for milk).

Then to Long's where I spent too much money. (You should never shop while really ill - you're judgement is NOT good.) But since I'd literally had NO Christmas nor New Years, I got myself some stuff: 4 pr of socks (my feet have been freezing in this cold), a box of chocolate covered cherries, Sensodyne for my aching teeth (need to get to a dentist - but have been too ill), batteries for my Deltec Cozmoniter (I go though about one a week!), batteries for my portable radio (have been dead for 3 months), a package of bran muffins (WITH raisins!), and a package of swiss cheese to go with some ham I have. Imagine my shock at the check stand; $40!!!

Went right home and went to bed...

While I was lying in bed, exhausted, and watching Law & Order Reruns, it occurred to me that I'd been in a 'stupor' for the past 3 weeks, and for whatever reason, was now getting better. Why I'm getting better, I don't know; perhaps the extra vitamin pills, or the sunlight, or trying to eat more. I can only hope the trend continues.

Scrambled some eggs to go with a bran muffin for dinner, leaving the dishes on the stove and counter. Fed the cats. Now here I am, trying to stay out of bed; but I'm so tired, and had about an hour of pretty bad muscle pain in upper legs and arms, I know I'll be there soon.

I'm just so thankful that I was able to 'take care of business' even if I spent way too much money. And that I finally got off that bus! And that darn lab work will HAVE to be in soon. And that I can go back to bed with the TV now...

No comments:

Post a Comment