Saturday, January 20, 2007

Jane Ciacio 1958 – 2007

Jane was a cyberpal for the last 5 years. Though I do not remember in which online Bladder Cancer venue we originally met, we exchanged info, care, and support via email, chats, and phone for years. It turned out that we had more than Bladder Cancer in common, like cats and animals!

Jane died from Bladder Cancer (eventually metastasized), which she battled for the entire time I knew her. She was sweet, smart, helpful, and most of all, caring towards everyone involved in the Bladder Cancer support groups.

I last spoke to her when I called her on her birthday last August (shortly after her radical cystectomy). I had a feeling of deep foreboding at that time, as she was not as chatty as usual, and in fact, did not seem to be herself; I put this down to ‘recovering’ from surgery, and kept waiting for her to bounce back. I doubt there was one day when I did not look for her name in my email inbox or on the message boards. It was not to be.

She will be greatly missed by all (she touched so very many!), certainly she will be missed by me. If you knew Jane Ciacio, there is a Guest Book available for reading and posting at: http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?I=GB000086129364

No comments:

Post a Comment