Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nancy Pelosi - Off to a great start?

I just posted this response to Nancy Pelosi first 'actions' as Speaker of the House in banning smoking near the House Floor at: The Lede Blog (NY Times). I don't know if it will be posted, edited, or deleted. And since there was no place to leave the url of THIS blog, I am also posting it here, word for word as entered.

I'm a smoker, have no intentions of quitting, I am 60, and I live in
California.

I do NOT believe the GOVERNMENT backed HYSTERIA regarding second hand smoke. (Maybe they should take care of our 'air' and 'groundwater'?)

Otherwise, ALL in my generation would be DEAD, as would our children, which is just common sense, if second-hand smoke is such a 'killer'.

(Has anyone ever heard of 'air filters'? So set up smoking areas, that the non-smoking don't have to enter, that contain good air filters! How's that for common sense AND accomodation? What IS the big deal?)

So, it's OK for my grandchildren to die at a college frat party from overdosing on booze. And for them to be sent to Iraq and die or be maimed for life. But if they light up a cigarrette, even in an outdoor beach or ball stadium, a lynch mob will form! Believe me, it's about come to that in California.

Nancy Pelosi is just REFLECTING California's current, socially approved, give them something to blame, give them SOMEONE (a group they can discriminate against) fad.


I would like to add, that I truely believe this. You can't blame the rich, poor, fat, minorities, women, gays & lesbians, big industry, the media, anymore for anything. There HAS to be someone to blame - smokers are it!

No comments:

Post a Comment