Friday, January 12, 2007

Parathyroid Doc - Round 4

I am absolutely blown away.

The last (scantilab) PTH came back NORMAL!

Doc says he's not so concerned about Hyperparathroidism now. (I am!). That he want's to redo test in a 'month or so'.

I said fine! But I ALSO want to move on with whatever is next. Since Sept. 2006, he's done 3 PTH tests: 2 were high, one normal. He has labs from Mercy Clinic for past two years with multiple high PTH results (and some high ionized calciums, and some LOW vit D3's). I have Hyperparathyroid symptoms...

Does redoing the PTH at scantilabs AND moving on not make sense?

Not to doc, he reiterated: 'we'll redo test in a month'. Maybe another 30 days of illness for me (even though I am currently feeling better), another 30 days of waiting, another 30 days out of my remaining time.

I hate docs; why is 'their' decision the absolute, final one? Why is there no 'middle' ground with most of them, no negotiation? Do they teach 'stubborn' in Medical School?

No comments:

Post a Comment