Monday, December 11, 2006

Docs and More Docs

First, I had the van drop me at UCSD Hillcrest Medical Center to have the 3rd (and final round?) of PTH's drawn for Dr. Deftos. Well, I was there, in the outpatient lab for over an hour. The wouldn't do the test. Said they were unable to send lab work out to Scantibodies Lab (though he had faxed them the lab request days before, guess no one actually looked at it!). They tried to call Dr. Deftos without any luck. I was so dissappointed; I feel so bad, the sooner all this gets done, the sooner I might get some relief.

Then I went to Dr. Stanton's, just in my wheelchair on the sidewalks. It was just a few blocks away, and I had allowed plenty of time, even taking into consideration being at the UCSD lab for an hour. Still, I managed to get 'semi' lost in a part of town I know well. I had to laugh, perhaps I need a GPS system on my wheelchair!

At my appointment with Dr. Stanton the Hemotologist, my Hemoglobin was 15.5, no wonder I've been so fatigued. That's a 'normal' result for most people, but too high for me. I feel my best when right at 14. I had a phlebotomy.

Dr. Stanton also ordered some labs to see if there's any reason for my life-long excessive bleeding problems, which seem to either be getting worse as I get older, or I'm just having too many accidents and medical proceedures done! Those tests (not Pro-Times!), probably won't be back for a couple of weeks, partially due to the coming holiday.

I was so tired by the time I got home, didn't even 'nuke' anything. Had a can of slim fast for dinner and went to bed with the TV and my 'burning leg', whatever THAT is...

No comments:

Post a Comment