Thursday, December 21, 2006

Parathyroid Doc - Round 3

I finally got the last round of bloodwork drawn to have a Whole PTH done at Scantibodies Lab. ($9 just for this.) Because of the 'season' will probably take forever to get the results.

In the meantime, my muscles are so weak, gait is so bad, am back in wheelchair most of the time. I have severe fatigue again, am spending a lot of time in bed on most days.

The good news? I've been doing my reasearch. I've found that 'chronic hyperparathyroidism can CAUSE just such muscle symptoms! Since I've suffered from this off and on all my adult life, you'd think I'd know all about it. But there's always something new to learn!

A good sources of info on what I'm going through, if anyone is interested:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001215.htm#Symptoms

No comments:

Post a Comment