Monday, February 12, 2007

Parathyroid Doc - Round 5

Went to UCSD Hillcrest Medical Center today and had a FOURTH (since 9.06) PTH drawn per Dr. Deftos request.

As usual, it was a circus. The MTS Access Wheelchair Van did not arrive on time (Ha! they did not know I did not have an appointment to keep, just needed to get to the lab!).

Dr. Deftos has not faxed in the 'order' even though he had directed me via email where and what week to go. The lab did not have a phone number for him, though they found he was one of their docs!

So I had to wait while they tried to contact him. Luckily I had his email addie with me, and he responded quickly to that.

While I was waiting, I needed a cappuccino ($3). And, of course, round trip on the disabled van was $9. Nothing 'priceless' about it - all for just some blood work.

Though I am feeling better lately (or just used to being sick?), I am beginning to wonder if all these PTH tests are leading anywhere at all? Will there ever be a 'next' step?

No comments:

Post a Comment