Monday, April 09, 2007

Cysto/Retro Went Well

I am still trying to get out from under all the ‘drugs’ I was given for the procedure! That will just take time...

The staff at UCSD Thornton was great; everyone was friendly and helpful.

Unlike the last two procedures at UCSD Hillcrest, there were no problems, before, during or after, with the Spinal Anesthetic. They also managed to keep my anxiety under control (not an easy thing!)

I was in at 6AM and out by 12:30PM. (My friend Rosemary came, signed me out, and followed the MTS Access Van to my apartment, and by the way, I lucked out, in that I was taken straight home.

Most importantly, doc saw nothing suspicious anywhere in my bladder, or kidneys. Of course, the cytology will not be back for a while. But there was also no indications of where the bleeding I am having on rare occasions was originating-but at least it is NOT of cancerous origin!

It would be absolutely, positively great if I did not have to do THIS one again for a couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment